Monday, May 28, 2012

Vegan Gouda lower fat hard cheese that actually melts, and tastes great cold!


Ok, now that you've seen the beauty of a canola oil-based vegan cheese, run over to Julia's Vegan Kitchen to view the recipe I relied upon:
http://juliasvegankitchen.blogspot.ca/2011/07/smoked-cashew-gouda.html

My modifications were the ones she suggested.  I took out 2 tablespoons of almond milk, and replaced them with 2 tablespoons of canola oil.  I also added 1/8th teaspoon of turmeric (also at Julia's suggestion).

My mould was much shallower, as I was unsure what size receptacle to use for hardening.  Next time, I will likely choose one that is deeper.

Below are some shots of my first slice, and first eats with it!





 I'm not sure why the photos are so badly rotated.  Blogger edited them that way, and I cannot fix it.

Look how melty this cheese is on the Gouda-Style Texas cheese toast!


No comments:

Post a Comment